Monday, January 2, 2012

Tis the season.

Happy New Year! Yep, it's 2012. The year we all die.
Oh well, it's been a good run.

Christmas in Kent with the Stanley clan was unbelievable.
I was lucky enough to have Ali extend his trip so he could be here for Christmas and Guy came down as well :)
We woke up at 6:30am (thanks Max!) opened presents, got ready and headed round to Sean's parents house where a champagne breakfast awaited us.
We let that digest, spent a couple of hours at the pub and prepared for meal number two.

I cannot even go into how incredible that meal was. Turkey, goose, all kinds of honey glazed or goose fat covered vegetables, red wine and such full stomachs!
I think everyone had a post food nap and then collapsed on the couch watching christmas specials.



Boxing day was equally as epic. Leftovers galore, games on the kinect and Transformers 3.
Ahhhh I love the family over here! Still missed the ones at home though, I hope you all had a lovely day :)

I made my way back up to London a few days before New Years.
Whitey, Kira, Monique and Guy's friend Jenn flew in during that time so it's been lovely having even more perth company.
New Years Eve we had a huge group of people. All the perth kids, everyone from Stepney (minus Jilly who was still in Austria), Braiden and a couple of Jared and Carly's friends.
We had a few drinks and then took some more down to the river to see the fireworks.
As we learnt later on, we were in the completely wrong spot to watch them but we had fun anyway.



2011 has been unexpectedly incredible. I always knew I would love my time in Europe, but this is so much more than I ever could have expected. Plus I got to finish it off with some truly new and old, btu equally amazing, friends.

1 comment: