Friday, September 23, 2011

And we're the three best friends that anybody could have!

Soo, Tristan, Guy and I (or as Guy affectionately calls us, the wolfpack), met up again in Prague. Oh, what a gorgeous city.
We really explored it too, NAHHHT.
We attempted a walking tour (and bailed, because the tour guide was annoyingly enthusiastic), attempted a pub crawl (and bailed because there were 3 other people there - hooray for my acting skills, I faked being sick and we got our money back) and went on an actual pub crawl where we came back and found Guy passed out in the bathroom.

On one day Guy went to a concentration camp, so Trist and I did the complete opposite - went to the ZOO!
Ahhh that was a fun day, we saw polar bears, reindeers, bush dogs, a sleeping kangaroo, 20 giraffes, a baby gorilla, tiger cubs and heaps of other cool shit. We felt like little kids that day :)

baby gorilly

From Praga/Praha/Prague we caught an overnight train (something you have to do when in Eastern Europe) which was actually really clean, reasonably sized and thanks to Guy's night time cold and flu tablets a decent nights sleep.
That brought us to Krakow where we had a couple of days. We went on a walking tour (the whole thing this time) ate a lot of food and visited Auschwitz, the concentration camp. Oh my, it was so moving, and horrifying, and interesting. But I came back wanting to hug a puppy and play in the sunshine and see a rainbow. It's something you have to do though, as depressing as it was.


Auschwitz

Another train ride took me to Warsaw for a night, before my flight back to London, where I am right now.
This begins the job hunt - wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment