Friday, September 30, 2011

I wish I had a mango tree, in my backyard

So here I am in London, starting to settle down.
As Jillybean was off to Oktoberfest, she offered me her job for the week, which has turned into long term.
Basically I clean for about an hour at night in exchange for a free bed.
The only downside is that the bed is on the 6th floor, with no lift. I'm being forced into exercise.

So for the past week or so, I've been "working", drinking, seeing a couple of recruitment agencies for temping work and not a lot else.
The manager here left us last week, so his last few nights were hectic.
Last Friday was the last ever beer olympics, which ended with a massive beer fight and everyone dancing on tables.


This week the weather has been amazing, so I'm not going to lie I've been putting off searching for jobs to hang out in hyde park. Other than that I've been hanging out with the kids here - including Gattman, who gives me a nice reminder of home.
We have seen Colin get a tattoo of an anchor on his arm, had a couple of visits to Camden markets, many a trip to Waitrose for food and then just generally hanging around the hostel.



One highlight was Colin taking Naomi, Mark and I to lunch at a thai restaurant called "Mango Tree". We had cocktails and wine and a 4 course banquet. It was all kinds of delicious, see below:

Starters
Mains
The days here kinda roll into each other, only distinguishable when people leave or arrive. A couple of days until Jilly is back, and 5 days til Ali arrives. Couldn't be more excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment