Wednesday, August 3, 2011

And I lost my heart to a Galway girl

Everyday I love Ireland more and more.

On Monday I hopped on another tour bus (this one was a lot better than last time) heading to the Cliffs of Moher. It was driven by an Irishman named Desmond, who was so hard to understand but pretty entertaining nonetheless. On the way back he was singing along to the Irish CD he had in.
We made so many stops I can't even remember them all, but at around 2pm we got to the cliffs.
They were pretty spectacular, and I had my camera fully charged this time.



Yesterday I sat on a bus for 4 hours travelling to cork. My first impression of the city was pretty interesting.
On my way down to the city to meet up with a girl I'd met in Galway, I had a drunken Irishman follow me asking me about the weather in Darwin and then I saw a guy take a swing at a girl, which then turned into a brawl that the Garda had to come break up.
But after that we had a couple of drinks at a pub with the friendliest barman and a fantastic band - so hopefully it's all up from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment