Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm in London, still.

Firstly, yes we are fine. We seem to be in the only area not affected by the riots. But even walking around the city during the day, we haven't seen anything.

Now backing up a few days, I had 3 nights in Cork not too long ago.
They were chilled out and uneventful. The highlight was my day trip to Blarney castle.
I kissed the Blarney stone, which is meant to give you the gift of the gab. Not sure it worked for me though!
The gardens surrounding the castle were absolutely incredible, like something out of a children's fairy book.

Since then I flew into London and checked into the Astor Hyde Park, my favourite hostel so far.
Apart from having to lug my suitcase up 4 flights of stairs because there's no lift, this place is awesome.
There's always stuff going on and people to talk to, but it's kinda made me way too relaxed.
We have ended up hanging out here a little too much, and leaving the hostel later than we should.
After a couple of messy nights, including one where I lost my wallet (never, fear I went to the police station and it was there with everything still inside!) we decided to be a little more active.
Over the last couple of days I have visited Westminster briefly, had coffee in Camden, hunted for Vans in Covent Garden, attempted a walking tour of London Street Art, bought vans in Oxford street and am now staying in tonight with a microwave meal to avoid the riots.

I would upload photo's but my camera cord in 4 floors up, and you all know me well enough to know that I'm too lazy to get it. Just check facebook later! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment