Monday, August 1, 2011

Why can't I be the cute, carefree Irish guy who sings all the time?

Since my last post I've swapped cities a couple of times.

From Dublin Tristan and I caught the train up to Belfast, but because we organised it separately we stayed at different hostels.
Mine was run by a couple of Irish brothers who had a french bulldog called Buju running around begging for food.
Tristan's was run by aussies who blurred the line between hostel guests and staff.
I think I may have hung out there more than my own hostel, but they couldn't have cared less.
The first night we took part in a pub crawl run by the manager of Trist's hostel. And by "ran by" I mean he took us to a few pubs and a club and drank more than any of us. It was so so good :)
We met, in total, about 27657 people from Perth and then a canadian Bryan who actually told me he was from Canadia.
The following day the only thing I achieved was going on the Black Cab tour - 7 of us were driven around in a cab and shown around Belfast whilst being explained the history of the Catholic/Protestant issues of late.
I had a chilled night, just hanging out in the hostel chatting to people, because we had organised to do the Giant's Causeway tour the next day.
We payed 25euro for this day long tour to take us up to the Causeway, with a few pointless stops on the way. The tour guide was annoying as hell and the bus was full of tourists, but the Causeway itself was absolutely lovely. We took a stop on the way back at the rope bridge which we walked to but not on, and the views were breathtaking. Cliff faces with beautiful beaches beneath with crystal clear water that you could see down south in WA.
And guess which day my camera batteries decided to die.




The Peace Wall

Yesterday, I spent another day on trains travelling from Belfast to Galway, via Dublin. In my hostel were three gorgeous Dubliners, named Kate, Rochine and Orla, who took me out for a night in Galway. OH MY GOD. The races are on at the moment, so the club was packed with seedy, drunk irish guys who kinda put me off and I headed home early.
Today I walked around the town sitting in cafe's, doing a little shopping and taking it all in. Tonight I'm going to take it easy, because tomorrow I'm going to see the Cliffs of Moher.
It's safe to say, I have fallen in love with Ireland and I can't believe I only have 5 more days here!

No comments:

Post a Comment