Monday, June 27, 2011

Paris is burning

...not quite, but it is rather warm.

So my last day in amsterdam was pretty chilled. It involved a flea market with elephant necklaces and hash lollipops, Katherine almost dying, more pancakes, and consequently severe stomach aches.
At 5pm, I jumped on a train to Brussels, and after a semi (extremeley) stressful trip to find my hostel I just unpacked and crashed.
I only really had one day in Brussels, but as a small city that was all I needed. I took in the sites and ate so so so much.
Breakfast: Croissant and praline macaroon
Lunch: Waffles with chocolate sauce
Dinner: Steak, salad and frites.

I also took a stroll to the Brussels Midi train station, thinking I would buy a ticket to London to make my way to Kent, but came back with a ticket to Paris.
Which is where I am now, in an apartment walking distance from the Lourve. I'm crashing with mum's good friends, the Hendons - an absolutely hilarious family.

Again, I don't have a lot of time, so I might just head over to the Lourve today and do some other touristy things, but I will keep you all informed.

Soz for the lack of photos I'm not on my laptop, so I will update as soon as I'm in Kent.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment