Thursday, June 23, 2011

This is simple Dutch bakery man..

okay, so the last few days have been hectic, and touristy, and tiring and fantastic.
I spent a day in London re-visiting the sites by myself, which was awesome because I go to be completely selfish :)
I went to the Tate Modern, walked along the Thames, had lunch in Covent Garden and went back to heaven, aka Oxford Street TopShop. Frick, it's amazing. What other store do you know that has it's own hairdresser, eyebrow and eyelash station and cafe?!
I strolled around Westminster and then up to Trafalgar Square, felt like a total tourist, but it was so good.
Yesterday I had to get up at bloody 5am - such a mission.
But, after a quick train ride and flight I landed in AMSTERDAM!
Oh man, it's so pretty here, I've been having little surreal "I can't believe I'm here" moments since I stepped out of the plane.
I met up with our friend, Emma (Egg), as I was walking to the hostel and we stashed my suitcase in a locker (a top locker, god knows how we managed to put it in there - ahhhh that's what she said! anyway..)
First destination in Amsterdam - the Heineken Museum, which was a lot better than I thought, considering I'm not a fan of beer unless its 40 degrees or I'm already drunk.
For the rest of the arvo/night we just waked around and hung out in my hostel, waiting for Katherine to get in from Paris.
Today was go, go, go despite the rain in the morning. To stay indoors we went to the sex museum :| ahhh I think I'm a little to sheltered for a lot of things in there - let's just say it was rather graphic, but pretty funny.
From there we jumped on a canal cruise to head up to the Anne Frank house, but when we saw how long the line was we decided to bail and book tickets online for tomorrow.
Okay, our lunch was the greatest thing ever. The pancake factory. Over 100 pancakes to chose from. We settled on chorizo and cheese, banana and nutella and pecan, maple syrup and ice-cream. Oh what pancakey goodness.
Now, I can't even tell you where we walked Emma and I were kind of blindly following Katherine - but we made it to the Grand Palace stopping along the way to see the bar that featured in Ocean's 11.
A canal ride later and we are back the hostel. I'm getting ready to go out and Katherine is zumba-ing in our dorm. Gah, she has way too much energy.

Tonight we are heading off on a pub crawl, if I don't blog again well you know why.
Speak soon kidlets, possibly from Brussels - where I am heading tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the post. The fact that you went to a pancake factory made me want to go so we can go again. I don't think im going to have to do too much convincing though...

    ReplyDelete