Tuesday, June 21, 2011

You sound like you're from LONDON

ahhhh I had to, don't hate me.

Okay, so I'm incredibly tired writing this, so Luce please don't judge my spelling.
I'm currently hanging out in my first backpackers, trying to talk myself into going outside to get some food, even though I'm not hungry - but I have to beat this damn jet lag!

Oh yeah, so my flights!
The first (Perth to Singapore) was good, lovely big american guy sitting next to me wasn't annoying and chatty and let me out first once we landed.
That flight was delayed so the stopover in Singpore wasn't that long at all.
The next flight was death. I was next to a blind, french man (could it get more diificult?), so I was trapped in my seat for 12 FREAKING HOURS. And the movies were bad or french, and I felt sick already so I didn't take any cold and flu tablets, which meant I slept terribly.
However, that was a walk in the park compared to the stopover in Paris.
I can't decide if it was ironic or just bad karma, that thanks to my british passport I got to skip the entire huuuuuge line at customs, but then had to wait 2 hours for my luggage. Either way, wasn't much fun.
Neither was waiting 45 minutes for the shuttle, that then took an hour to get to Orly Aiport.
All for a measly hour flight into London.

That was amazing though, if you ever get the chance to fly into London City Airport, do it!
On one side I had the city, I actually saw Buckingham Palace so close that I could see Kate and Wills' kissy balcony. On the other side was the Thames, ahh it was just magic.

In the spirit of Lucy and Brooke here is my photo of the day, my dinner for tonight.
I ran out just then (literally ran, it's bloody raining here!) to grab this, and I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment