Saturday, July 16, 2011

She sells sea shells by the sea shore

It's been a busy week, hence the lack of posts. I've been told by Bri to lift my game, so I'll try!

Tuesday I took the train up to London and met up with Andrew.
We spent the day chilling, eating, drinking good coffee and just catching up.

From there I jumped on another train out to Southend-on-sea, Essex. It's an adorable little sea-side town where my darling friend from high school, Emma, lives so I went to keep her company.
We had a couple of days of eating too much, shopping too much, drinking no where near enough, drinking milkshakes at a 50's diner, watching The Goonies really slowly and a midnight trip to Tesco's - me in my pj's and Emma carrying a bottle of wine.
I didn't want to leave on Thursday, when I trained back to London and checked into a hostel for the night.



Bobby Jo's Diner


Spontaneity, however, delivered me a fantastic night.
The girls in my dorm were coming off a Contiki, so all they wanted to do was sleep, leaving me to head to Leicester Square hoping too see a movie.
I bought my ticket to 'Bridesmaids' and with an hour to kill went to a little Vietnamese restaurant for dinner.
I ended up having to share a table, but after a while we started up a conversation.
His name was Ata, a 28 year old half-lebanese, half-irish londoner living in Dubai.
We chatted for a while, and he even ended up paying for my meal and coming to the movie with me.
He was completely harmless, just wanted some company.

The next day I took a tour of the Tower of London - I saw the crown jewels, including the largest diamond in the world!
Later on in the day I met up with Emily, who had stumbled across Kendra and Matt and we went out for a big Italian meal, followed by a drink at a proper English Pub.



Now, im back in Kent heading off to a local music festival with the fam, to drink wine and eat picnic food.
If only the weather was better!

No comments:

Post a Comment