Tuesday, July 5, 2011

When sunshine comes around

I can't get over how lovely the weather is.
There's nothing like an english sunny day, sitting out the back of the Stanley's house, drinking a latte and reading my book for a good hour.
That's what I got up to yesterday, after visiting the allotment to pick raspberries.
Even if it's only going to make Mum jealous, I'm going to brag anyway.
My family grows the freshest, tastiest fruit that is piled into the fridge and often turned into jam.
To have with cream and scones, like we did yesterday arvo at Darryl (another cousin of Mum's) and Rachel's house. We went round there for a BBQ and ended up playing classic 90's tunes and trying to remember the accompaning dances all afternoon.

Allison and Sean
The finished product (don't mind the shadow - I'm a terrible photographer)

Yesterday was as relaxing as today was full on.
I jumped on a train at 10 to head into London to fulfill my tour guide duties for Miss Rachel Amonini and Mr Luke Waterhouse. Oh, it was so good to see them - to have a little reminder of Perth and to hear some proper Aussie accents. Minus Luke calling Amo a duck, don't ask.
We packed a lot in - Buckingham Palace, Big Ben & Houses of Parliament, Leicester Square, Picadilly Square, Trafalgar Square and a little shopping on Oxford Street.
The best part of the day, though, was stumbling across the M&M Store.
It's 4 levels of M&M merchandise and colourful artificial deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment